What’s the difference between whiteheads and blackheads?April 16, 2019
How to select products for your skin…April 17, 2019
Do women of colour need special skincare products?
This is a quick and simple guide that answers this all important question.
Everything You Need To Know is Here:
- Darker skin tones don’t need special skincare products; skin colour isn’t a skin type
- Skin is the same, regardless of colour… in the same way dietary needs are the same, regardless of ethnic background
- All problems (signs of aging, clogged pores, dry skin…) affect every ethnicity the same way, with only minor variations.
- Everyone needs to avoid skin-aggravating ingredients, eg SD, menthol, lime and fragrances – these will make existing problems worse or create new ones
- The universal basics for all skin types are:
- Use a gentle, water-soluble cleanser
- Choose produces that are appropriate for your skin type
- Use sunscreen during the day
- Use products with state-of-the-art ingredients, including antioxidants
- If you have dark skin you are more likely to experience:
- Ingrown hair
- Uneven skin tone
- Darkening of the skin
- Stubborn marks and raised flaws
- The only noticeable differences between different skin tones are:
- Skin thickness
- Level of ceramides
- Impact that sun exposure has
- Darker skin colour offers some protection against sun damage – the darker your skin tone, the more natural defence your skin has… sun damage is cumulative for everyone though. Believing darker skin will protect it from visible damage is dangerous thinking. So make sure to get your sunscreen and use it.
Till the Next Time – Look after yourself and join us again for more tips.